|Client||Dundee City Council|
|Project Duration||52 weeks|
McGill were appointed by MANSELL to carry out the £6m M&E Work Package associated with the new build Swimming Pool and Multi Storey Car Park at East Marketgait Development, Dundee
McGill prepared drawings using REVIT MEP Software to assist with coordination of the M&E Services. Production of these drawings allowed the issue ISO’s to the offsite fabrication team and also improved productivity on site.
Major work packages included the Pool Hall Ventilation system with the Air Handling Units and Controls installed by specialist contractor ESG Pool Ventilation Limited. We appointed Galloway Group to install the ductwork systems throughout the development. Another major work package was integration of the security systems using LENEL www.lenel.com We appointed McGill Fire & Security for the works as they are an approved LENEL integrator. McGill Fire & Security are also a GENT Integrator so again we appointed McGill for the fire dection and alarm works.
VRF systems were installed to serve the Fitness Suite, Dance Studio Meeting Rooms and Office Areas.
The lighting schemes to the Pool Hall consisted of luminaires manufactured by Zumtobel Lighting Ltd and Iguzzini UK with the lighting controls by Terkan Limited. In the Multi Storey Car Park the luminaires were manufactured by Thorlux Lighting Limited.
All of the emergency lighting throughout the development was controlled by centralised battery systems manufactured by BARDIC
The M&E Work Package included specialist sub-contractors for systems including the Pool Timing, Public Address, Television, People Counter, Session Control, Visual Management and Parking Control Management to name a few. In total over 30 sub-contractors were employed on site.
- Pool Hall Ventilation Package by ESG Pool Ventilation
- Solar Heating System supplied by RIOMAY and installed by McGill
- Combined Heating & Power Unit supplied by ENER-G and installed by McGill
- Under Water Surveillance Cameras
- Pool and Shower Backwash Systems supplied by MENERGA and installed by McGill
- Undefloor Heating System to the Service Block
- Car Park `Pay on Foot` system
- Centralised Emergency Lighting Battery Cubicles
- Extensive use of off-site fabrication
- 12 Contractor Design Portions