We wish to recruit a Project Manager to join our busy Residential Team delivering multiple social housing refurbishment projects across all trades as well as new build housing projects in Glasgow.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Support the Operations Manager in delivering multiple social housing refurbishment projects across all trades as well as new build housing projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with the client, with suppliers of materials and services together with the management and supervision of our operations team and the delegation of tasks.
- Project Planning
- Material/Sub contractor control and procurement
- Cost control
- Budget monitoring and control
- Enforcing the implications of Health and Safety Regulations
- Attend Pre start/pre award meetings as necessary
- Attendance at Internal pre-commencement handover meetings
- Attendance at Internal contract completion/close out meetings
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce
- Assist with the development of company systems, processes, documents and forms
- Attend monthly departmental meetings and report on operational matters as required
- Preparing contracts and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work start
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen
- Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials
- Making safety inspections of the site when work is under way and ensuring regulations relating to health safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to
- Overseeing the running of several projects
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows
Health & Safety
- Always lead by example
- Understand the aims and objectives of the Company’s Safety Policy and Safety Management System
- Be able to develop, understand and comply with safety plans
- Ensure that all relevant safety documentation is completed correctly and on time
- Hold regular safety meetings/toolbox talks with Staff, Subcontractors and Operatives
- Conduct Safety Audit on site
Manage the relationship with the Client to balance the return to McGill against maintaining a good relationship, which will lead to future work
- Ensure all Company property issued is well maintained
- Keep up to date with testing, availability and type of modern plant/equipment
- Control plant/equipment on site to ensure it is working in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure plant/equipment is only on site when it is required
- Material Control
- Labour Control
At least five years’ experience in managing multiple all trades social housing refurbishment projects, each worth over £1m is essential. Ideally you will have a trade background.
- Qualified trades person
- Good inter personal skills
- Good man-management skills
- Good IT skills
- Technically proficient
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Confident, professional and flexible at all times
- A team player
- Energetic and able to handle stress
- Ideally be educated to HNC or HND level
Package / Benefits
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Company car
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGill, Harrison Road, Dundee DD2 3SN
McGill is an equal opportunities employer.